Migrating your WordPress site to Brixly can be a straightforward process, whether your site is currently hosted on a cPanel with another provider or not. This guide will walk you through the migration process using our Migration Center and the Softaculous tool.
If Your WordPress Site is Hosted on cPanel
If your WordPress website is currently hosted on cPanel with another hosting provider, you can migrate the entire cPanel account using our Migration Center. Here's how:
- Log in to our Client Area and navigate to Migrations.
- Click on 'Start Migration' and select 'cPanel'.
- Select the 'Destination' (where you would like to migrate the cPanel account 'to').
- Enter your previous host's 'hostname', the username of your cPanel account, and the password of your cPanel account.
- Press 'Next'. This step will verify that the account details are working correctly.
- From the next screen, simply select the account you wish to migrate, then click 'Add to Migration Queue'. Your site will be queued for migration!
If Your WordPress Site is Not Hosted on cPanel
If your WordPress installation is not hosted on cPanel, you can still migrate it using the Softaculous tool. Here's how:
- Log into the cPanel account you want to import into.
- Open Softaculous in cPanel.
- Navigate to the WordPress Softaculous page by either searching for it in the top left bar or opening it from among the top scripts.
- Click on the 'Import' tab on the WordPress Softaculous page.
- Go to 'From Remote Server' Tab on the Import page.
- Fill in the necessary information for the Source remote server and the Destination local server.
- Click the 'Import' button. The import process will carry on in the background once you initiate it.
Testing Your Site Before Making DNS Changes
Once you've migrated your site, you'll want to test it before making changes to your DNS. Brixly provides a cPanel 'Website Preview' Plugin that allows you to view your websites before changing your DNS settings. Here's how:
- Log into your cPanel account.
- Navigate to the 'Domains' section and click on 'Website Preview'.
- This screen lists all of your Domains, Addon Domains, and SubDomains. Clicking on the 'Generate Preview URL' will generate a short unique link.
- Follow the link to view your site.
Updating Your DNS
Finally, you'll want to update your DNS - either by switching the name servers for your domain to Brixly's or by adding appropriate A records to point at your Brixly servers IP address.